Monday, January 31, 2011

The New Workout Plan... all those mocha lattes you gotta do pilates

So this morning I woke up at 5 :30 ( yes in the morning- and no the sun was not up yet) to go to the grand opening of my school's new fitness center at 6! Yes I am slightly insane, but I hated our old gym so much, that I couldn't wait to get my first peak at the new machines and weights! But get this, by the time I arrived at 6:05 the gym was packed! I was forced to wait on line to even enter, and then forced again to wait for my stationary bike. But trust me, by the time I had those brand new dumbbells in my hands, it was SO worth it.

The thing is, I find going to gym extremely refreshing. It allows me to blow of steam, and to get rid of my stress in a healthy manner. But during my Freshman year of college, I actually ended up dreading the gym. Our old fitness center was a mess ( and that's putting it nicely!) . Although less then 20 years old, it was cramped, and unorganized. The cardio machines were haphazardly placed throughout the room, and you were forced to do all of you ab workouts in a hallway barely 2 feet wide! I found myself with no place where I could comfortably work out!!

Luckily for all of you currently living in New York- this is never a problem!! The city is filled with plenty of workout spaces.  And those who are living within its boundaries are constantly bombarded at every street corner with advertisements in windows for new aerobics classes, spinning, or even karate. You name it, the fitness opportunities are endless.

However, there is only one place in the entire city worth mentioning that offers you everything in one convenient location. And in case you haven't already guessed it, that would be The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers. Chelsea Piers provides members with both breathtaking views of the Hudson River, as well as state of the art athletic facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, running track, climbing wall. sand volleyball court, regular volleyball court, boxing ring, and basketball court... if you can imagine it, it's there. Trust me!









But what's really important here is that we all exercise. Whether you belong to Chelsea Piers, or some other gym out there, as long as your comfortable, and you're staying healthy that's all that matters!

Until next time... stay active New York!


title: "The New Workout Plan" - by Kanye West

No comments:

Post a Comment